Thursday, January 19, 2012

Python Piano Bench


My mechanic, who happens to be more obsessive about yard saling than me, if that is possible, gave me this lovely, vintage piano bench, free of charge.  It had an outdated finish, but the bench is nice and sturdy with a hinged top for storage.


I am naturally drawn to earthy colors and I tend to paint most of my pieces of furniture with a neutral color pallette. With this bench, however, I decided to take a risk with some bold colors and patterns.   


I have been hearing that orange is the new "IT" color of 2012, so I picked out a pretty shade of orange for the legs.  Annie Sloan Chalk Paint just came out with a similar shade, called Barcelona Orange, that I hope to try on some future projects.


I padded the seat with a thick layer of foam and found this fabulous, turquoise and flax, linen fabric to cover the new seat cushion.  I waxed the entire surface with Annie Sloan clear wax and then added some dark wax to tone down the orange just a bit. 



This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

6 comments:

Maria @ Craft Crazy Mom said...

I love, LOVE, L.O.V.E, that fabric! Looks great!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Love the fabric with the turquoise table. The pop of orange is a fun touch.

john said...

Looks fab ! Gail x

Tiff said...

Amanda that little bench looks amazing! That fabric is gorgeous! I love the bright colours, it is a real statement piece! Happy weekend! X

the cape on the corner said...

how fun! love that fabric and color combo.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

It's darling~Thanks for sharing a Feathered Nest Friday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails