Monday, January 31, 2011

Simple Painted Terra Cotta Pot

I have been quite busy the last couple of weeks and have not had time to work on any of my projects.  I did have time to tone down one of my favorite terra cotta pots.  I found this pot for $1 and, of course, I loved the galvanized metal trim at the top.





 I was just not crazy about the metal paired with the bold terra cotta pot, so, after taping off the metal trim, I watered down some gray paint and brushed it on the pot.  Then, I stenciled a simple fleur de lis in a darker shade of gray.



I have a list of projects waiting for their turn to be reloved, so I should be back to posting regularly as soon as I can get caught up!

7 comments:

A Vintage Vine said...

Hope you are back soon! Good luck with all your projects!

Emily said...

What a difference a little bit of paint makes! That looks awesome!

Deborah said...

So cute! My son loves fleur-de-lis...
Ive been thinking about white-washing terra-citta pots lately..have you ever done that with white paint Amanda?

Deborah xo :)

MiniBinoy said...

Hello Amanda, wat a make over!!! i luv the colour choice and the finish u have given,, that stencilled design matches the shape of the pot well !!!wr r u planning to place it in ur home?

Unknown said...

Wow, Looks so artistic. It is sooo cute

The Unusual Farmchick said...

What a cool little pot. I have never seen a terra cotta pot with a galvanized top. Very cool. Great remake!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Beautiful!! I really love the way this turned out! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails